Friday, December 29, 2017

Here's to 2018

I met my goals for 2017. I told myself that I would publish my first novel, and so I did (self-published, at least). I don't have any illusions that I'd be raking in bags of money. So far I've made some cash, but it won't pay the phone bill.

The great thing about being an accountant is that I know how to set up my accounting books. If I want to succeed as a business (which is what this is, really) then I need to treat it as a business. So far, I don't have any initial investment on it, but as soon as I get my holiday bonus, I'll add some capital to it.

So, what are my goals for 2018? Here they are:

  • Finish a short story collection for "The Abandoned" series
  • Finish the second novel, No Villains
  • Finish 10 short stories unrelated to the above series
  • Make at least $100 for No Heroes
Let's start small with that revenue. If I reach it, then I can move the goalpost further.

Well, that's it folks. See you next year and drink some bubbly!



Click this to join my mailing list

No comments:

Post a Comment