Thursday, January 23, 2020

January 2020 Update (New Year, New Hobby)

Happy New Year everyone! 

Old news? I'm still writing, which is great news. I'm at 5000 words on the third novel. The outline has really served me well, and I'm on track to finish the first draft around Q2 2020 (sorry for the corporate-speak).

New news? I picked up VR art again, but I'm treating it as a hobby. I make "shitty vr art," and that's okay. Painting and sculpting in VR space is a lot of fun. And it works also as a writer since I get to listen to audiobooks.

My workflow in VR art and writing has been complimenting each other. Experimenting and trying new things pushes your limits. The more you create and finish, the more you learn about the craft and pick up things along the way. Finishing something sends the art for critique, and sometimes we're afraid to finish because some people might deem it a failure.

Even if you fail, you come out with the boon of knowledge and experience.

Success is learning from your failures, and failure is not learning from your mistakes.

Or, as what master Yoda said: the greatest teacher failure is.

Keep writing and making art!



Click this to join my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment