Sunday, March 26, 2017

The schedule of a writer

I have no idea what a schedule of a writer is.

It should be simple, right? You devote a chunk of time for writing, and then you write. But the path I'm taking isn't that simple.

I'm leaning towards self-publishing now, and that would mean taking more tasks beyond my writing schedule. I will need to carve time for marketing. Having a day job cuts into that, and I'm torn between that and writing the next short story or novel.


I'm torn between traditional publishing and self-publishing. On one hand, you don't have to worry about sales channels and advertising, but you only get a portion of the profits--not all. On the other hand, you get all the cash, but you have to do everything. Everything!


With this novel, I don't know where I should shove it to. Right now, I'm testing the waters, experimenting. I had sent a query letter to an interested publisher. We'll see what happens.

At the moment, I should probably dabble with marketing. And to begin, I'm focusing on planning and getting a book cover. I have an idea of how it would look like, and I'm grateful that my husband can do photoshop.

I may need to schedule on working on the book cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment